Dr. Stan Mogelnicki
Dr. Don Chambers
Physician Specialists in Anesthesia was founded in 1979 by Dr. Stan Mogelnicki and Dr. Donn Chambers when Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta moved from its historic site in downtown Atlanta to the new location in suburban northern Atlanta. Drs. Mogelnicki and Chambers assembled a small group of talented cardiovascular anesthesiologists which became the nucleus of the present-day group.
PSA has enjoyed a steady increase in the size and diversity of its physician staff. Owing to its primary practice location at Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, the group maintains as its primary areas of expertise the fields of cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesia with emphasis on invasive hemodynamic monitoring and perioperative echocardiography. Other areas of special expertise include critical care medicine, regional anesthesia, acute pain management, and anesthesia for specialty surgery (general, orthopaedic, plastic surgery, surgical oncology, otolaryngology, neurosurgery, and geriatric).
We have broadened our expertise over the past four decades to include outpatient anesthesia and the management of ambulatory surgery center anesthesia departments. Through the use of optimum staffing models, continuous quality improvement, best practices, and a strong cost containment culture, PSA has helped organizations provide the highest quality ambulatory surgical product, while being fiscally responsible.
Physician Specialists in Anesthesia, P.C. is dedicated to the health and well being of our patients, and to delivering the highest level of expertise to the physicians and health care facilities we serve.
Following are our core values:
- PSA will strive to provide and maintain quality, cost-effective and competitive anesthesia services to the community.
- PSA will promote honesty, loyalty and commitment from its membership to further the primary purpose of the organization.
- PSA will provide an environment that encourages education of all its members in anesthesiology.
- PSA will enhance leadership in the community and the profession.
- PSA will enable good working relationships with hospital administrators to enhance quality anesthesiology services.